Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trust30 Day 9 Writing Challenge

The other terror that scares us from self-trust is our consistency; a reverence for our past act or word, because the eyes of others have no other data for computing our orbit than our past acts, and we are loath to disappoint them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Emerson says: “Always do what you are afraid to do.” What is ‘too scary’ to write about? Try doing it now.
(Author: Mary Jaksch)
 ****************************************************************************

Things that are too scary for me to write about are things that I would like to never revisit in my mind ever again. These are things that I'm not sure I will ever have the courage to put out there on a blog or in a book.

There would not be any reason to.  

They are however things that if I knew telling someone would help them, then I would.  

If they would help a person understand the scars I have inside, then I would.

But I choose not to let the scars define me. 

So until the moment arises that I share my "scary moments" then I remain quiet.  I lock them away.  

They are of no use to me.

3 comments:

  1. I don't let my scars define me, but i allow them to give me strength, which in turn sort of does define me. I am stronger because of that pain. I am wiser because of what i went through and in return I have become more amazing than i was.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree with that! Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete