Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sail Away.......


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover"-- MARK TWAIN

It's funny... a lot of inspiration from my blogs come from the "art" I have on my laptop. I sort of sift through the pictures until one stands out to me. I find a quote and somehow I can be taken to a thought and a desire to share what is on my mind.
This quote is truly something to live by. How many times have you thought - wow where did those years go? If I had known what I know NOW welllll.... I could go back and change this or that. Well NOW is the time to do all you have dreamed of. You don't want to sit ten years from now and live in the past. Live each day with full unabashed abandon. Truly enjoy and savor each precious moment as if it is your last.
Of course, what would I say to someone telling ME this? I'd probably snicker a little and say hmmph - sure YOU try and enjoy every moment smiling like an idiot through your mundane job and then live day to day with chores, school work, housework, separating the children before they claw at each other.... etc. Well, I'd have to sit back and tell myself that I should remember I'm blessed to have a life with children, that I have a job to go to everyday, that I'm blessed to have the job that PAYS for that school and an actual place to live. It all comes back in some form to actually be thankful for even the smallest things we take for granted. I write this blog as a reminder to myself to never underestimate the blessings I have been given. The stress in my life makes me a stronger woman and in turn allows me to help someone else in need.
So live your life to its fullest potential. Think about how possibly short life could be. That in the blink of an eye it could all be gone. Each day is a gift. So as Mark Twain is telling us - set sail on the journey of life... take it in for all its worth - good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment