Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Forgive

Forgiveness.

I get it. I understand that forgiveness is something we are supposed to do. We are better for it. But, what happens when we can't forget. What happens when we can't trust beyond forgiveness?

What do we do then?

AND are we truly forgiving the person if we cannot let go of the pain that lingers.

If we just                      can't                    forget  ???




That is all I have right now. If I get the answer to this turmoil inside me, I will share.

1 comment:

  1. Ok ... this is the third time I've written this comment! And it's wayyyyyy early in the morning!

    Colossians 3:13 says Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

    That being shared it's like this:
    We forgive for ourselves and by faith in obedience to God. Why?
    Because unforgiveness kills us and the other person, often doesn't even know we feel harmed or doesn't feel they have done anything wrong. (which by the way deepens our confused heartache.)
    If we forgive, as God forgave us, then God comes alongside of us and does the work of completing that forgiveness within us; making it so we can live and learn from the situation without resentment.
    This, however, does not mean we're doormats. NO, we are Worthy Daughters of royalty ... this simply means that we can "pardon" our offender without malice of heart and pray for them, while we remain at a safe distance (or out of reach) of their harmful ways.
    We can move on, not assuming the next person is spoiled, just because the one is.
    I really, really, understand and if you navigate my blog you will find several posts, including the last one, is about this very painful ache.
    All my love and prayers.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete